Train With Us
If you choose to train with us you can expect...
• To obtain a PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education) and QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) by the end of the programme.
• The PGCE is a 60 credit award that can offer progression, upon successful application, onto a Liverpool Hope University Masters in Education (180 credits in total) for those students who want to pursue further study.
• A programme that gives you a minimum of 120 days in school and 53 training days, 12 of which will be at Liverpool Hope University.
• A comprehensive induction programme.
• The chance to observe and work with outstanding teachers.
• High quality school based mentoring from an experienced and trained mentor.
• A bespoke programme of support and training sessions.
• There will be access to learning conferences throughout the year where you will meet and work with trainees from across WCPSD.
• Placement across two contrasting schools.
• As part of our training programme students will complete the first two modules of the Catholic Certificate of Religious Studies, which will support your career as it develops.
• The option should you require it, to obtain student accommodation with Liverpool Hope University.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for individuals who have the potential to become outstanding teachers and school leaders of the future with the desire to work within the Catholic sector. We believe that individuals who are passionate about working with young people, who seek to actively enhance everyday experiences, are able to succeed in an enriched teaching career. We are seeking individuals who demonstrate and are able to apply the skills of organisation, flexibility, reflection, evaluation and action to all aspects of the course and their career. Enthusiastic individuals who are able to communicate effectively with pupils, colleagues and parents on a range of levels are essential to our partnership.
Your application should demonstrate that you possess:
The skills to support the Catholic ethos of our schools and the education of the children.
*A desire to teach and work with children.
*Effective communication skills.
*A commitment to work hard on the course.
*Determination to succeed.
*A readiness to listen and share.
*A flexible approach to learning and teaching.
Our programme is demanding and you will be in school from the start of the school year. We are therefore looking for candidates who have experience of working with children or young people and an aptitude for teaching.
Our minimum expectation is that you will have at least ten days of school based experience although we prefer that you have considerably more than this. This can include voluntary work and any other experience you may have of working with children or young people, for example sports teams or children's groups or clubs.